Monday, July 5, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ballgame . . .

Take me out with the crowd; Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack, I don't care if I never get back. Let me root, root, root for the home team, If they don't win, it's a shame. For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, At the old ball game. Did you know . . .
July 5 is Cracker Jack Day?

To celebrate (I borrowed a little idea from Miss Janice), I handed out these little cuties to the neighbors & also mailed one to each of the Fabulous Five. Shhhhhhhhh . . . Mamas don’t tell them ~ it’s a surprise!!! Hopefully, they won't be too late because of the holiday mail schedule. Here’s a little box left by the front door at the Lance’s. All morning I rang doorbells and ran (now, kids, you know I really didn’t run) back to the car so I wouldn’t get caught.

But Miss Nell was sitting in her drive, shucking corn ~ boy, did she need a little treat!

I even sent 4 with Hubby for his golfing buddies to enjoy ~ maybe they improved Hubby’s game! No one was really surprised it was me who left the Cracker Jacks but they were all surprised that today was Cracker Jack Day ~ we’re never to old to learn something, now are we? I also included a little history about Cracker Jacks and the song that made them famous for my babies ~ you know, just in case their teacher asks them sometime or so they can show just how smart they are by telling their teacher or friends. If any of you grandparents out there would like to do this next year, just go here to find out all you need to know about Cracker Jacks! After my morning on the run, I enjoyed my little box out in my rocker on the front porch with my diet coke. Now, I’m off to take down the red, white and blue and replace it with watermelons so I’ll be ready for next week’s picnic. Thanks for stopping by today . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment