Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

to all the men in our family; but, especially, to my three favs ~ Matt, Jon, and Granddaddy. Wish we could have all celebrated together today but seems each year it gets harder and harder to get all the gang in the same place at the same time. We did throw in a little Father's Day celebration amid the birthday celebrations last weekend and we missed you, Jon.

Matt and his Girls
enjoying the slide at the "C" Girls birthday party!
Jon and his Girls on Father's Day, 2009
Wow, how the "A" Girls have grown in 1 short year!

Granddaddy is enjoying his day doing what he does most Sunday afternoons ~ Golf ~ guess you're not surprised about that, though. He loved hearing the "Happy Father's Day" greetings from all his little princesses today. Maybe they helped his golf game!

Pastor Jeremy based the sermon this morning on Ephesians 6:4:

"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath; but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."

These were his main points:

Godly fathers point their kids to the grace of God and the giver of life by:

  1. Don't make life about following a set of petty religious rules ~ make it about the Grace of God.
  2. Don't live a life inconsistent with what you "say" you believe about the grace of God ~ your life should reflect what your mouth is saying.
  3. Don't be over or under controlling ~ make your home a mirror of the grace of God.

Happy First Father's Day to Pastor Jeremy!!

I praise God daily for the Godly fathers in my life ~~ my Daddy, my father-in-law, my husband and my sons. May God continue to pour His grace on you, Matt and Jon, as you bring up our precious granddaughters in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. May your lives always mirror God's grace so that your girls will want what you have ~ a Father like your Heavenly Father. Thank you, Danny, for being that kind of Daddy to our 2 wonderful children. Pappaw, thank you for being a wonderful example of how to be a "Daddy" to my sweet husband. And last but not least, thank you, Daddy, for being a living example of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for Dan and I. I miss you so much ~ how I would love to feel your hugs again and to hear Mama tell me just once more, "This, too, shall pass." No day passes that I don't thank God for you both and for having you as my parents.

Matt and Jon, I hope you both had a day filled with squeals of delight, slobbery kisses and bear hugs ~~ doing whatever makes you happy with all your girls!

I love you muches!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment