Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Being Thankful


As I sit here going over my "To Do" list for Thanksgiving morning, my mind keeps going over all the many wonderful blessings my Father has granted to me ~ my precious, beautiful family; friends who love and support me just the way I am; a home that provides safety and echos little giggles long after they have faded; a vehicle with good tires for traveling "north and south"; a 31-year career that I loved and secretly do miss; a caring, loving church family and the best Sunday School class ever; a sweet Miss Gigi and great neighbors.

But this year of 2011, the greatest blessings He has provided for me are knowledgable, caring doctors and supportive, praying friends and family.  Thank you, Father, for the little valleys of the past few months because it's in these valleys that my need for You grows and my faith in how great You are is strengthened.


These were my "leaves" on our 2011 Thanksgiving Tree which is standing patiently by the front door for the rest of the family to arrive tomorrow and adorn it with their Thankful Blessings for this year.

God's Blessings on all of you as you pause to Be Thankful to the one who provides on this Thanksgiving Day!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I am very thankful that I found your little blog. I adore all the "special," things you do.

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thankful tree! I pray it was FULL when the family left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely decorations!
    Hope you have a nice day.
    Love Elzie

    ReplyDelete