Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today

was a whirlwind of emotions for me ~~ "Why," you ask.
If you're asking my children, they would just say, "Well, that's Mama." Danny would say, "She's just been like that lately." And me . . . I'm thinking I need more hormones!! Anyway, alot has been happening around the acre lately with all the wedding showers, recitals, the wedding of my nephew, and birthdays of little ones. But today this came in the mail . . .

a true affirmation that I'M OLD!!!!!! I know, I know, 62 isn't old (actually some times I still do think I'm 22--well, maybe 42!). And, yes, I'm glad I'm able to get this. But today 62 just seems old ~ so I'm SAD (1st emotion). Then, I look at the amount again and guess what? I get MAD (2nd emotion). After 31 years as an educator, this is all I get. But am I mad at the government or those silly young teachers who voted years ago for our school system to go out from under social security? Well, both I guess. I know, I know, again ~~ what can I do about it? NOTHING ~~ so then, I just get GLAD (3rd emotion in case you're not counting) that I get something!! Then, under the stack of other junk mail is this . . .

. . . my oldest great-nephew's high school graduation invitation. Guess what? SAD again! I must have blinked while he went from newborn to senior. No, remember, Brenda, you're OLD. Yes, this set off a flood of tears again ~~ my sweet little Taylor has grown up! All the precious memories (this will have to be a post of its own very soon).

In the middle of my tears, my dear sister-in-law drops by to bring me a Thank You gift for Jessica's shower. Her sweet kindness just made me Tickled Pink even if it's through another flood of tears ~~ she writes the sweetest notes!!

Lynn, see I put it so I can see it every day but guess what I noticed ~~ there's no button that automatically changes the days or month ~~ I probably still won't know what day it is! But I love it as much as I love you!!

There's another reason why my emotions have gone haywire this week but I just can't go there right now ~ maybe tomorrow. (Now children, don't get excited--it's nothing serious, just sentimental for me) But, I've had enough of this emotional rollercoaster for now so I've decided . . .

But there's only one person who can help; so since last Friday I've been constantly repeating John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let your heart not be troubled, neither let it be afraid" and Phillipians 4:6-7, "Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

May God's Peace be on you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment